Tuesday 6 April 2010

Dipping into dukkah

"Fancy some dukkah?" I said to Mr GG.
"No I didn't say duck, you idiot," I added as my non-foody hubby took cover by the mounting pile of washing-up.
"I'm going to make some dukkah!"
I adore tihs seedy (not in any explicit way) nutty, spiced dip and think of it as a healthy snack attack alternative to a packet of crisps of an evening.
Ok, so it can get a bit messy, what with the bits and bobs and the oil and the dipping but messy is as messy does (I still don't know what that means).

To make my dukkah I blitz 100g of cashew nuts, 1tsp of fennel seeds, 1tsp of cumin seeds, 1tsp of salt, 1/2tsp ground coriander, 3tbsps sesame seeds and a pinch of cayenne pepper in a food processor until chopped a bit.

Serve in a bowl with a mound of pitta or naan bread (well, any bread really - I've even tried crackers in desperation). On the side have a little bowl of your best olive oil ready to dip the bread into, followed by a dunking in the dukkah. Mmmm mmmmm mmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment