Tuesday 6 April 2010

Cookbooks - my obsession

My love affair with cookery books began, I suppose with my first self-purchased tome of How to Eat by the delectable Nigella - who, like a superhero requires no second name.

Voluptuous Nigella brought sex appeal to cooking at a time of a great culinary revolution, in which cooking became more of a pleasure for the masses.

On screen with her smoky siren-like appearance and smooth, sultry tones, Nigella could grab anyone's attention.

Although lacking in pictures (which some people hate in cookbooks) I adore How to Eat.

I can't tell you how many times I've found solice in this culinary bible - huddled under my duvet digesting its contents on a sleepless night, peppering my way through the pages while bubbling a stew on the stove, or trying to get the damn pages unstuck!

I now always cook duck, whole or portioned, by boiling first, a la Nigella, and have never since been disappointed.

Soon I will post-up my list of cookbooks (which is huge) for you to glance at -there are some fantastic little-known books that I own which all foodies should know about and buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment